Monday 7 January 2013

My favoritest ever Breakfast


My favorite ever breakfast would have to be hands down Burcher Muesli.  I even love to order it when I'm out for brekky.  Great for any early start at work or after an early gym session.  Just serve it in a travel mug and take with you.  I used to love doing this for my 6 am Eastern Beach workouts. I would finish the workout absolutely ruined and famished and lo and behold in my car awaited this amazing little treat.  Perfect for replacing carbs and giving my body wonderful amino acids and vitamins and antioxidants for recovery. Super-easy and super-versatile you can simply chuck in whatever you feel like or have on hand and it always tastes amazing.  It can also be served in just about anything (think wine glasses for a fun brunch idea) and is so easy to garnish and made to look amazing.  Trust me and try this.

Burcher Muesli




Serves 1

Ingredients

1/2 Cup Rolled Oats
1/2 Cup of Water or Apple Juice
Handful of Fresh or Frozen Berries
1/2  Grated Apple
100gms Natural Yoghurt
Sprinkle of LSA powder
Fresh Strawberry

Method

1. Soak oats in water or apple juice overnight.
2. In the morning add all other ingredients, mix
3. Garnish with a dollop of yoghurt and strawberry and enjoy

Optional extras

Cinnamon, Vanilla Essence, Slivered Almonds, Shredded Coconut, Chia Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Pepitas, Mango, Protein Powder, Sultanas, Honey, Maple Syrup, Silken Tofu
You know what just go crazy !!



6 comments:

  1. hi nae what is LSA powder. I love bircher muesli but have never made it myself thought i would give it a try this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy i am going to try this,can you change the style of writing as i am finding this very hard to read,thankyou.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Neens,

    LSA powder is a mixture of ground linseeds (flaxseeds), sunflower seeds and almonds you should be able to get it in the health food section of the supermarket. You will love this recipe.

    Mum,
    Glad you're going to try it. Is the font any better?

    Cheers
    Nae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for that my list for the health food shop is getting longer by the minute lol

      Delete
  4. I think I might try this too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou this is much better,i have all these ingredients on my list now for when i do my groceries,thankyou.xx

    ReplyDelete