Thursday 31 January 2013

Easy Peasy Pesto Pasta

This is what I threw together last night for Adie's school lunch today.  She loves pasta and I know this will go down a treat.  It also makes a nice change from sandwiches.  I threw in some berries for brain food, a cheese stick, nutella on 1 slice of bread (her Friday treat) and yoghurt for morning tea (she's a very big eater) and an apple to go with her lunch.

I didn't throw in the meat for Adie as we had a tofu smoothie for brekky and we are having meat for dinner so her protein needs will be covered but it is a great option to get some extra protein in if needed.  The pesto also contains some great fats which will help to make her feel fuller and do all of those wonderful things that good fats do.

Serves 1

Ingredients

Handful of dried pasta (so technical I know)
5 cherry tomatoes, halved
1.5tbs pesto sauce or pesto dip (it's what I had left in the fridge!)
Small handful of ham or cooked chicken optional

Method

1. Cook pasta according to packet directions
2. Add pesto, tomatoes and meat to pasta and serve.  Lunch done!

1 comment: